Health is Everyone's Business
What is our vision?
Our vision for the Galway Healthy Cities programme is to create and sustain ‘a city that works together to support the health and wellbeing of all its people’.
Our aims are to:
- promote a whole system approach to planning for health and wellbeing in Galway City;
- create new ways for people to interact with each other and their environment to improve health and promote healthy lifestyles;
- encourage co-operation between departments of key city sectors and promote community participation;
- raise awareness at local level of issues affecting health and wellbeing; and
- move health high on the political agenda and contribute to the development of healthy city policies.
Health Promotion Services, HSE West,
2nd Floor, Clinical & Administration Building Block A,
Merlin Park Hospital, Galway
Tel: 091 737251