Health is Everyone's Business
What are the Healthy Cities priority goals and themes for 2015-2018?
As a designated WHO Healthy City, Galway City works to achieve two main goals:
- To improve health for all and reduce health inequality
- To improve leadership and health management
Galway Healthy Cities also works according to core themes identified by the WHO for population health and wellbeing.
These themes are:
- Empowering people at all stages and in all situations of life – for example, in early life, later life, in vulnerable situations.
- Tackling public health priorities – for example, physical activity, nutrition and obesity, alcohol, tobacco and mental wellbeing.
- Strengthening people-centred health systems – for example, health and social services, other city services and public health services.
- Creating strong communities and supportive environments – for example, healthy urban planning and design, healthy transport systems.
Health Promotion Services, HSE West,
2nd Floor, Clinical & Administration Building Block A,
Merlin Park Hospital, Galway
Tel: 091 737251
Tuesday, July 17, 2018
Wednesday, March 07, 2018